Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving! EEEK!

It's the holidays.  You know what that means.  Sweet treats, Turkey with all the fixings, booze and indulging in all of them.  Although most studies show people usually only gain a pound or two during the holidays, they also don't lose it.  And that adds up.  So as you are filling up your plate as you go down the buffet line at your mom's house, fill up on veggies, and pick one treat.  Make sure you drink your water these days, because if you get dehydrated your cravings will get worse.  I always bring this healthy recipe with me to my Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes
3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/3 cup raw honey (optional)
2 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon, cardamom or nutmeg
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Mix all these ingredients together and bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.

If you want someone to hold you accountable for eating healthy and working out during the holiday season, think about joining my holiday survival challenge group I am co-hosting with my beachbody coach.  Check out the link to her blog post that talks more about what is entailed!

Eat, Drink and Be Skinny - Holiday Survival Challenge Group

If you're interested, contact me at meganmosley@ymail.com or find me on facebook My FACEBOOK and shoot me a message.  You can also sign up for a free beachbody account at: Beach Body Coach Megan Mosley.  Let's be healthy and skinny this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment