Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Homemade Hummus

I eat a lot of hummus.  It can be included as your protein and your complex carb.  I usually eat it with carrots (I'm not a big celery fan), sliced bell peppers, sugar snap peas, and whole grain tortillas.  This is the recipe I use, but you could always add in extras, like roasted peppers or sun dried tomatoes, chile peppers, or anything else you could really think of!

Ingredients:

2 cups of chick peas
1/2 cup chick pea water (I reserve more of it in case I need to add some)
3 tbsp tahini
2 cloves garlic
1/2 -3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp - 1/4 cup lemon juice
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1/8-1/4 tsp cumin



Directions:

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend!! How easy is that?  Taste it and see if you want to add more salt, garlic, lemon juice etc.  Put in a serving bowl and serve with veggies, tortillas and pita!



No comments:

Post a Comment