Saturday, January 25, 2014

I LOVE Shoes!

I've run a lot of road races, mainly half marathons (PR 1:48:29), with a few shorter races including the Soldier Field 10 mile run (PR 1:20:38) and some St. Patty's day races and 5k's. I ran my first marathon this past year and finished under 4 hours!

 It's taken me a while to find that perfect running shoe for myself, and I highly recommend this shoe as long as you don't overpronate too much and you have a fairly neutral arch to your foot - the Saucony Kinvara.  They are on the kinvara 4 now, and I have owned 2 pairs of the kinvara, 2 pairs of the kinvara 2 and 3 pairs of the kinvara 3. Obviously I love it.  I crosstrain in different shows, but I think it is a spectacular running shoe.

The total weight for women is 6.7 oz and for men is 7.7 oz, so it is a minimalist shoe.  If you need more support and stability this shoe is not for you.  It's nylon lined for moisture wicking so your feet stay dry.  The upper part of the shoe, while has many cool color combos, has a flex film material that is lightweight, yet strong.  The midsole has what's called EVA which serves as a shock absorber and also has memory foam around the heels for comfort and to provide good fit.  The outsole, or bottom of the shoe, has been upgraded to premium carbon rubber, which increases durability and traction.  Overall, and outstanding shoe in my opinion.  I usually get them off of Kelly's Running Warehouse or Amazon.  They are usually a little less expensive on a website.

Saucony  Kids Kinvara 3

No comments:

Post a Comment